Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tuesday Post

I know I know it's late in the day and I still don't have today's post up. Well, I'm still working on finishing up my middle pairs holdem post, which is just about finished. I'm hoping to have the final product up some time tonight for your reading pleasure.

In the meantime, congratulations to Jules for taking down her second lifetime Mondays at the Hoy tournament last night, making for Jules's third top-two finish in this event in maybe just 5 or 6 times she has entered. Fishy McDonk (always loved that name!) also cashed in 3rd place, while friend-of-a-friend from growing up in New Jersey Phin City made his first ever Hoy cash, coming in second place in his best performance yet in this event. In all, Jules won another $200 for her efforts, Phin took down $120, and $80 went to 3rd place to Fishy Mc. Although, the participants did agree when down to 5-handed that 1st place would transfer $20 to 5th place, and 2nd place would do the same with 4th place, so there was a bit of a chop going on to just get 4th and 5th places their $20 buyin back. But otherwise congratulations to all of our cashers last night, and I look forward to another fun time next Monday night at 10pm ET on pokerstars when we can do it all again, and I can find another fun and creative way to eliminate myself from my own tournament. Last night btw was me reraising Miami Don's apparent steal attempt from the SB with my pocket 6s from the BB. Only to find Don calling my allin raise, and showing me pocket Jacks for the domination and the victory, sending me to the rail in 12th place out of 20 entrants. Although I once again played pathetically, I guess I have to be happy to have made it down to 12th out of 20 players. Compared to most of my other performances lately, this one doesn't seem so bad to tell the truth.

OK that's all for now, I plan to post my completed middle pairs strategy post sometime tonight, or at the latest in the morning on Wednesday. Sorry for the delay! Look for me tonight in the WWdN (8:30pm ET on pokerstars, password is "monkey" is always), which tonight is named after my little brother Aquaworst after he not only deflowered Wil last week but also went on to win the entire event. And of course I plan to be at the cash hilo tables as well where I look to continue my winning ways after a small setback in last night's hilo cash action.

3 Comments:

Blogger TripJax said...

I can't remember the last time I went out first in an MTT. I have disgraced my family and must insert samurai sword in chest.

Oh well...I was still able to break even on the night!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Well, this is officially my new favourite tournament :)

Thanks for hosting dahling..you'll be seeing a lot of me on tuesdays..I mean..Mondays :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger I Like Cake said...

dude, you mixed up 2nd and 3rd. I was 2nd.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home