Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day, Don't Forget the Math, and Another Tournament Hit

Happy Presidents' Day to all of you out there, and hopefully most of you get to enjoy a nice day off today as we celebrate the birthdays of some of this country's greatest men. It was fun trying to explain to M and K today that George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were two of the greatest figures in U.S. history, and then realizing that both the biggest bridge and the biggest tunnel leading into New York City are named after these two guys. The Hammer Girls got a real kick out of that and it made me look like I was actually telling them the truth which is always good.

For me, the stock market is closed today and that means my work is closed as well. And speaking of work, I should belatedly mention that it looks like I will be sticking around my current company, at least for the time being. Long story short, the situation there is still far from perfect, but as a well-earned and well-deserved reaction to my performance there and to my voiced dissatisfaction with certain elements of the job, I have been awarded a nice promotion that will have a small team of four lawyers and analysts reporting to me going forward. That was supposed to start officially last week, but one of the players involved is dissatisfied with the new arrangement and took last week "working from home" while she decides if she is going to stay with the company and report to me or just quit entirely. Option B would be preferable, believe you me, at which point I can just go and hire someone new for that particular position. But we'll see how that ends up. Anyways so I will continue to passively look around for that perfect job that this one still is not, but for now I have been given what I want which is more responsibility and an ability to be clearly progressing in my current job, so the active job search that -- let me tell you -- was literally one or two days away from ending with me giving in my official notice, looks like it has been stalled for a while while I figure out what my new role is all about.

Oh yeah, don't forget this:



We're on tonight, holiday be damned, just like we always are every Monday night of the year without exceptions. See you at 10pm ET on full tilt, password as always is "hammer" for some fun 6-max nlh tournament action with the blonkeys.

Anyways, that's all I've got for you today as I normally take the holidays off to be with the Hammer Family. I will leave you with one screenshot from my weekend play, however, which came from this past Saturday night, this time on pokerstars. It is the pokerstars version of the 50-50, which also runs at 9:30pm ET every night and also has a $50 buyin, but with a 55k guarantee instead of full tilt's 50k. Anyways, just five days after my run to 3rd place and $4900 in the full tilt 50-50 tournament, there was this:



Booooooooom!! I will post more about this run when I'm back at it on Tuesday, which included me having a decent chip lead with 4 players remaining before I flubbed it up and gave it all away. But I'll take it as you can probably imagine, and I just wanted to post a sneak preview here for all the haters. You know who you are.

Have a happy holiday everyone, and I'll be back here on Tuesday. And I'll see you tonight at 10pm ET for Mondays at the Hoy on full tilt!

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger lightning36 said...

Dang - whatever you are smoking or taking -- I want some. Way to extend the heater!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Buddy Dank said...

Toronto?

10:14 PM  
Blogger katitude said...

Sweet! congrats Hoy :-)

11:05 PM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

Hahaha...nice score! And no more bitching about the fishdonk lucksacks at PokerStars.

BTW, I showed up at your table about two hands before the AA v. AA debacle in the FTOPS ME...damn, tough way to go, though he did have the only draw out there.

Next time, FTOPS is yours.

11:12 PM  
Blogger cmitch said...

Nice work!!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice hit

11:31 PM  
Blogger vandy said...

Scooooooooooore! (again) Congrats!

12:04 AM  
Blogger lj said...

woooooot! congrats on promotion also.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Chad C said...

Haters will love all this.......

2:01 AM  
Blogger BWoP said...

Congrats on the tourney score and good luck with your new role. We can't have *EVERY* NYC lawyer quitting, can we??

2:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're amazing. And I"ll stop now because I might wanna blow you if this keeps up.


(In a poker sense, of course)

2:55 AM  
Blogger Riggstad said...

I saw that AA hand in the ME as well... what a joke..

of course this PS score more than makes up for it. Well done Meeho!

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the promo, nice score.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Donkette said...

Congrats! Well done.....

8:58 AM  
Blogger Mondogarage said...

"Haters will love all this......."

Well, I did think the all-in on a suited flop with nothing but an overpair was a bit donkish...

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home