Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Anonymouses in the BBT3 and WPBT Getting Closer

Not much going on of note with my poker game lately. My play has been spotty, although I've started to see some nice signs again. I have been playing tighter in my mtt's generally which is showing a few results, although nothing exactly to write home about or anything. Last night in the Skills Series in Limit O8, I actually lasted for a little while. I don't think I made any terrible plays, and yet I could just not get out of my own way enough to get more than a few chips above my starting stack of 3,000, and I spent about 95% of my time in the tournament nursing a shortish stack. It took a while for people to finally get me out of there, but in the end I busted probably about a third of the way through the field and basically signed off for the night.

One thing I will say is that I noticed another pretty much unknown name at the top of the Skills leaderboard when I checked the final results today. You have to admit, more of the "unknown" types are winning BBT3 events and seats in the BBT3 ToC than any of us expected, right? Certainly that is the case with me. What is the reason for this? I mean, granted bloggers suck asses at poker, but is that all there is to it? Why are those of us who have the built-in advantage of playing togehter several times a week simply not scoring the big wins with any regularity here in the BBT3? I know there were some winners who came out of the woodwork in the first two BBT tournament series, but not this much, right? Are we just that bad at poker as a group? I'm beginning to wonder, with the showing we are putting up so far in the BBT3.

On another note, I am nearing finalizing my plans for Las Vegas in June of 2008. In fact I have just one more administrative loophole to close on before making my reservations and making another WPBT trip official for this year. And, in preparation for that momentous event, I have even begun playing some of the shorthanded nlh satellites and other mtt's available online, in order to get back into the swing of things to see if I might really be willing to play the shorthanded nlh event at the World Series of Poker this summer. Tuesday night saw myself and Loretta8 both final table and cash in the $14mtt satellite to the nightly $109 buyin 30k guaranteed 6-max nlh tournament on full tilt, and I have to say it was a pleasure playing down to the final two tables with someone who actually knows how to play satellite tournaments (for a change). And as I have mentioned previously, playing in the 6-max nlh tournament would permit me to play shorthanded nlh in the WSOP on Thursday, June 5 -- the very same event in which I cashed in 2007 -- and then, assuming I somehow do not final table that event, I can also be there for the WPBT weekend and the WPBT live tournament at the Venetian scheduled for Saturday, June 7. This is seeming more and more like the best option for me, as in the end hanging out with the big group of bloggers has been what it's all about for me over the past few years, and like I said I am expecting to have a final answer on that sometime over the next week or so.

Don't forget the Mookie tonight at 10pm ET on full tilt. Password as always is "vegas1". I will be there playing balls-tight and holding on for 90 minutes until someone calls me down with a bad allin-calling hand when I am restealing with air. Sucks to know that already but frankly this is how my blonkament runs have been ending lately, and I see no reason to expect anything different this time around.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jremotigue said...

All those unknowns are actually me playing under my 15 FT accounts.

Main Event, here I come!!!

7:20 AM  
Blogger CEMfromMD said...

Hoy, I think that some of the bloggers (not all of them!) are having problems adjusting to the play of people they havent seen before, especially those that usually play just the cash games normally, with the blogger tournaments being their only "tournament" play lately. That's my 2 cents on why so many non-bloggers are winning. Either that are they are some serious luckasses.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home