Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Brilliant Poker Semi-Fiction

Not sure what made me click over to Morning Thunder's blog today -- where I read from time to time but generally not every day -- but when I did I was treated to one of the most laugh-out-loud funniest posts I've read in some time. Go and enjoy it for yourself, as I imagine that behind the flowery images and wonderfully descriptive prose is a story that each one of us has considered at some point over the last several years of our lives.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tilt said...

I just want to say that in Dexter, the previews for the next week have always used the cheap gimmicks you talked about. I'm not sure if you meant the gimmicks used in the show or do the previews count too as they made it seeem last week taht Dexter will be caught in the act by Deborah by playing those 2 scenes so closely sequenced together this past week. I doubt he gets caught, my prediction is those were two exactly different acts, but would be way more interesting if I'm wrong.

4:02 AM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Yeah I am not a fan of the way that Dexter has always really gimmicked up the scenes from next week, as well as in the "Previously, on Dexter" scenes at the beginning of each episode. A few times, they have flat-out included a scene in the "previously, on dexter" scenes that was Never Actually Previously On Dexter!

And yeah, of course they made it seem like Deb catches Dexter in the act next week in last week's scenes. I think it's a lot more likely that that is Lumen wearing the black gloves and that Deb catches her in the act, and quite possibly Lumen allows herself to be killed while knowing that it will let Dexter get off for good.

5:11 AM  
Blogger MorningThunder said...

Thanks for the Link and the kind words

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home