Friday, July 07, 2006

Live From Vegas

OK so I'm sitting here in an internet kiosk in the lobby of the Excalibur, approximately four hours before my WSOP event is scheduled to start. First off, I really appreciate all of the comments to my last post -- unfortunately this is not a time zone issue as the scheduled hours for the ftp hospitality suite are in fact 11:30am Vegas time, not eastern time. However, after about an hour of phone calls yesterday, one of the Tournament Directors in the cage at the Rio was actually nice enough to run over to the ftp suite yesterday afternoon and ask them to call me, and they actually did! I still can't believe that. Anyways, long story short, my boy Rich in the ftp suite gave me his cell phone # and says I can call him around 11 or so and he will set me up 30 minutes early with my ftp buyin bucks. He assures me he will answer his cell phone and that 11am should give me enough time to make it into the event. So, overall I am cautiously optimistic that I will get to play in WSOP Event #13 today. Why I am so antsy to get into a $2500 event against a lot of professionals and many great players, especially when I can't win a race or even an 80% favorite hand to save my life right now, is beyond me. But I do. So the plan right now is to mosey on over to the Rio way early, around 9ish or so this morning, and then I can get my rewards card early, and start trying to get someone from ftp to set me up with my $1500 even before my main man Rich gets up.

I did not bring my laptop this weekend, but I'll try to post when I can from kiosks like this over the weekend. My cell phone is on April's list, so anyone who wants to call me for an update should feel free. Worst thing I can do is not be able to answer at the time.

Wish me luck!! WSOP here I come (hopefully)!!

4 Comments:

Blogger smokkee said...

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing about it.

10:31 PM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

gl man.. I will be in tonight at 10:00 Vegas time.. look forward to hearing how you crashed and burned on the first hand.. lol. Just kidding man.. just do your best..

10:57 PM  
Blogger mookie99 said...

Good luck, what's the name we should be looking for at the top of the Cardplayer chipcount ?

"Hoy Hellmuth" is the motto of the day.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

Take that bitch down!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home