Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Mondays at the Hoy

Congratulations to Jordan, who took down his first MATH tournament title last night, besting 19 other players to win the $200 first prize. Jordan certainly earned his keep in yesterday's event, as he played more or less maniacally almost all the way through, eventually bullying his way to the final table, the cash and ultimately a quick path to the victory and maintained a large chip lead even over second place through the last several spots while doing it. Last night Jordan was at his best, taking over the table like we know he likes to do from his blog and his entertaining AC trip reports. Last night was no exception as Jordan came out swinging early, spiked a couple of lucky cards when he needed them, and never looked back from there to claim his first championship in the weekly Hoy tournament. Congratluations to Jordan, and see you all next week.
Btw, if you're wondering, I went out of the Hoy around 13th of 20 players when I got called allin by a guy with a straight and a flush draw against my top pair on the flop. It was 15 outs twice for my opponent, making him around a 55% favorite. Yes, it was another race, and yes he filled it on the damn river. Again. But I still had chips left, and I managed to double up quickly, before running my 77 into another guy who called my still-short stack allin with his KQ, and naturally hit a King on the flop to end my suffering in the Hoy once again before the first break. Other than that though, I played excellently in the tournament, and won several nice pots and made some great moves on people despite not seeing a premium hand in the 55 or so hands I played before my elimination. I say it again and again like a broken record here on the blog, but if you can't win any races, whether it be through 5 cards, just the turn and the river or just one card left, you're simply not going to go far in a multi-table online no-limit holdem tournament. That is me the past few months. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Thank god for stud, hilo and HORSE limit games, or the portion of my bankroll I have allocated to online play would be seriously pissing me off.

Part II of my "Middle Pairs" post is coming later this morning, right here. I will probably post both parts, reposting Part I and then concluding with Part II all in one giant post. It's coming within the next few hours today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks for hosting, Hamma. It was actually my first win of any blogger event, so I'm extra proud and grateful to Mondays at the Hoy. I'm even more proud that you found my play to me maniacal (er, or maniac-like), and its a fair representation of how I played. Thanks again.

11:38 PM  
Blogger 23skidoo said...

Thanks HOY!

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home