Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bad Cash, FTOPS Razz and Chat Cheaters

Tuesday night was a brutal day for me at the cash tables, where I lost more than three buyins as all the success I've had of late came crashing down at once. I got sucked out on once for a full stack, and I lost another one when I flopped top and bottom pair and ran into a flopped set. That one is always fun. I also did not hit a draw all night that I can remember, and eventually the combination of all these factors took me off my game a bit. I kinda unraveled my entire "tight is right" strategy that I was just writing about on Tuesday, and as a result I lost a lot more than I probably should have with the absolute dearth of cards that I was dealt. I don't think I recorded more than one winning session out of 7 attempts on the night, and it was just overall as close to a complete disaster poker-wise as I could ever have.

But those cash games weren't even really the focus of my play on Tuesday. My big focus on the night remained satelliting into the FTOPS tournaments I would like to play in, and at least on this front I had some luck. For starters, I played the 8:40pm ET nightly razz mtt sat into FTOPS #2 which is a $300 + $22 buyin razz tournament. This badboy sports a hefty $75 buyin, but it generously funded by our friends at the nightly 9:45pm ET token frenzy, so for me it was a "free" shot at my first attempt to get into FTOPS #2. At $200 a pop it is hard enough, but given that the buyin to FTOPS #2 is $322, it's going to be hard to find an mtt satellite with a good ratio of payout seats to total players at the $26 level, so I was willing to pony up one of my hard-earned Tier II tokens for a shot at a big buyin razz tournament.

I got very lucky early in the razz mtt, which had 15 runners and awarded FTOPS seats to the top two finishers, and got to experience one of those situations that only comes up once in a long long while in the non-holdem limit games, where I had a board lock for the low in razz in one of the very first hands of the tournament, and my opponent had no idea of my hidden strength. Basically I made a 75-low on 5th street with just the 753 showing and an A2 underneath, and my opponent was showing 276 and decided to start capping it on 5th. I took him all the way to the cap of course, knowing that my 75 low was already ahead of the best possible made hand my opponent could have. This was not a great play by him at all given my board and my willingness to keep raising to the max on 5th and again on 6th when we both bricked with our last face-up cards. Long story short, I was able to get off to a great start thanks to this board lock situation with multiple streets capping the betting, and I managed to ride that strong beginning to a good chip position at the final table. After outlasting the first few short stacks at the final table, things got a bit dicey as I retained my top-3 position but all the smaller stacks closed in on the chip lead.

Down to the bubble when four-handed (top two got FTOPS seats, and #3 won a decent cash prize), I got sucked out on recockulously when my (A2)KT3 lost to (xx)KT7 allin on 5th street (thank you runner runner trips at the worst possible time) and I thought I might be getting effed. But shortly after that I once again got the shorty allin on 4th street when I was well ahead, and this time it held up and I was back in business and ITM in the satellite. Fast forward about 15 minutes, and I had won my seat into FTOPS #2. This is where I would insert the screenshot of my winning tournament lobby, if for some reason my screen capture app produced anything other than a blank black screen for that screenshot. Oh well, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Before I leave you for the day, I wanted to post some chat from one of my tournament tables last night that was totally highlarious to me, basically because I know I busted a multi-accounter and caught him red-handed. Basically, I got allin on the flop with TPTK and an Ace-high flush draw on an all-suited flop. Turns out I was in against a flopped Queen-high flush for my opponent MikeFink67, and when I hit my nut flush on the river to bust the guy, the following chat ensued. Note that I was going out of my way to tilt the crap out of this anus with his trash talk in the chat, so I was really getting his goat by claiming I was ahead all along, he is a suckout artist, etc. And also note that I do not know who "peapod91" is, and had not seen that name in the tournament or at my table yet on the night:


Dealer: Hand #3808915462
Dealer: hoyazo has 15 seconds left to act
Dealer: MikeFink67 shows [Js Qs]
Dealer: hoyazo shows [As Qd]
Dealer: MikeFink67 shows a flush, Queen
high
Dealer: hoyazo shows a flush, Ace high
Dealer: hoyazo wins the pot (7,210) with a
flush, Ace high
Tournament Director: The blinds are now
40/80
Dealer: Hand #3808927388
MikeFink67 (Observer): good one
MikeFink67 (Observer): ufcking loser
peapod91 (Observer): nh you idiot
peapod91 (Observer): nh idiot
Dealer: fIop_deez_NuTz has 15 seconds
left to act
hoyazo: you were behind on EVERY
STREET donkey!!
MikeFink67 (Observer): u flop it?
Dealer: bgombos79 has 15 seconds left to
act
MikeFink67 (Observer): u flop the flush?
hoyazo: you know it boss
Dealer: bgombos79 wins the pot (840)
Dealer: Hand #3808938408
peapod91 (Observer): not after the flop
MikeFink67 (Observer): get your eyes
check u fcking re t ard
peapod91 (Observer): you had 7 outs
hoyazo: every street.
peapod91 (Observer): idiot
Dealer: Nuttypoolog has 15 seconds left
to act
Dealer: fIop_deez_NuTz wins the pot (200)
Dealer: Hand #3808943133
hoyazo: how were you ahead on the flop
donkey>
Dealer: MrPapaGiorgio has 15 seconds
left to act
hoyazo: thought so!
peapod91 (Observer): flopped a flush
peapod91 (Observer): you had 7 outs after
the flop, and i was ahead
(emphasis added)
Dealer: willjohn wins the pot (200)
Dealer: Hand #3808949516
peapod91 (Observer): do you now
understand?
peapod91 (Observer): retard
Dealer: willjohn has 15 seconds left to act
hoyazo: why is peapod saying "I was
ahead"?
Dealer: hoyazo has 15 seconds left to act
Dealer: bgombos79 wins the pot (200)
Dealer: Hand #3808954915
hoyazo: peapod wasnt even in the hand!
hoyazo: hmmmmm"


Strangely, all commentary from this person or persons ceased instantaneously once I typed that into the chat. It was pretty funny actually. Now do I report this Marion Jones cheating biatch to the ftp police since he all but admitted to having two full tilt accounts and being logged on simultaneously?

Don't miss the Mookie tonight, donkeys. I'm already registered and I wouldn't miss my Mookie for all the tea in China. 10pm ET on full tilt, password as always is "Vegas1". See you there!

14 Comments:

Blogger Julius_Goat said...

Of course you report the cheater. That's an instacall. That chat is beyond fishy, and anybody doing that deserves to have their funds seized.

Congrats on the FTPOS seat. Go deep.

1:10 AM  
Blogger smokkee said...

wudda doosh

GL in FTOPS

1:24 AM  
Blogger Irongirl01 said...

Absofawkinglutely report the cheater Hoy. Cant believe you even have to ask.

1:27 AM  
Blogger jusdealem said...

Wow. Cheaters think they are so smart...not so for that one! Funny story. Report him!

1:41 AM  
Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I'm just upset that I had to go to the bathroom before your post was up...

2:11 AM  
Blogger CC said...

Yes

2:21 AM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

If you report them you're a ufucking loser...

Okay ... you caught my other accounts ... lol

Yes -- report idiot cheaters not smart enough to keep their chat straight.

Make us proud in FTOPS ...

2:27 AM  
Blogger Fuel55 said...

DOnt even think about it. Report the fawking douchebag.

2:47 AM  
Blogger bayne_s said...

Of course you report the cheater.

I think everyone that reads this post should contact support as well so they take this seriously.

3:37 AM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I would report him not because he is an idiot but because he was an asshole to me.

On the other hand do you want to take idiots out of the cash pool? I mean that is how you make your money right?

5:00 AM  
Blogger Dr Zen said...

Don't hesitate to report him, the cheating cunt.

8:30 AM  
Blogger BadBlood said...

You know, deep down, there's an evil side of me that can appreciate a well-executed con or cheat. Something nobody has thought of before.

But this guy's so fucking stupid he should be reported for not only cheating but for insulting talented cheaters everywhere.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Hah Blood I'm with you on that one. I can just see him sitting there with two pcs right next to each other and jumping back and forth in the chat.

Whattadonk.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Topspin89 said...

Was this a heads up match? looks that way,how could you multiaccount in a heads up match u fricken idiot. You should report yourself forbeing a dmbazz

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home