Friday, January 18, 2008

I Think

I think it is sad that twoblackaces was the only poker blogger to come up with a token frenzy win last night.

I think Piratelawyer got way way too aggressive in the token frenzy when he went from a nice stack to out on the bubble pretty dam quick by pushing with second pair and an inside straight draw when he could have just folded to the token.

I think Waffles disrespected the tournament I pwn last night by taking a huge, massive chip lead in Riverchasers and then failing to win with it.

I think I played some of my worst poker last night in Riverchasers.

I think it's funny how many times I have run into AA or KK over the past two nights in poker tournaments on full tilt.

I think I miss when Buddydank radio was broadcasting live 3 or 4 nights a week back in the day.

I think I don't care how much work that must be for Buddy and team to be on air all the time.

I think full tilt has to start running some satellites to the $535 FTOPS #3 HORSE tournament and to the FTOPS Main Event sooner rather than later. I think that only running playable HORSE sats after midnight ET isn't really helping full tilt at a time when the largest portion of their audience is whistfully snoring.

I think ABC is making a huge mistake in only running 8 episodes of Lost in the upcoming entire fourth season. I think the show has lost enough viewers already by the truly idiotic decision to wait like 17 months between the past few seasons; now to only show 8 episodes over a two-year span is audience suicide.

I think that the Giants and the Chargers have no chance of winning on the road this weekend. None.

I think I would be willing to put up as much as a thousand dollars of my own hard-earned money to see the Patriots lose one of their next two games.

I think having a team that got caught cheating for the past five years go undefeated and win the superbowl is just about the most disgusting end I could think of to the NFL season.

I think I really may not play fantasy football next year after 7 straight years and probably 25 teams during that time.

I think I should finally watch Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind. I've had the dvd's sitting in my bedroom for the past several months but have just never motivated to actually watch them.

Although I don't love all of his movies, I think Russell Crowe is one of the best actors of my generation (did you see The Insider?)

I think Fight Club and Twelve Monkeys are both very enjoyable movies to watch and both do a great job of showing Brad Pitt's range as an actor.

I think The Shawshank Redemption is the best movie of all time.

I think Stephen King is one of the sickest evil geniuses who's ever lived. All those incredible books, The Shining, The Stand, It, and then Shawshank, The Green Mile, Hearts in Atlantis, even Stand By Me starring everyone's favorite former Team Pokerstars member? Insane that the same person could write all of that stuff.

I think I have seen fewer than five movies in my lifetime that were made prior to 1980.

I think McDonalds hash browns and french fries pretty much blow away any other fast food restaurant's comparable offerings.

I think Hillary Clinton is despicable and is completely reviled in her "home" state of New York.

I think Bill Clinton will have one of the worst legacies of any U.S. President as far as worsening the morals in our country.

I think it's funny that Chad even has to ask who the most hated blogger is.

I think the U.S. is probably already in the beginning of an economic recession, or will soon be.

I think despite likely thousands of layoffs coming at U.S. investment banks this year, I feel totally safe and secure in my own job. We are too thinly-staffed, and I am doing basically all of the work, for me to feel at risk. Now, some of my colleagues on the other hand....

I think Blonde should post more often. I'm tired of checking there all the time and seeing the same dam stuff. Talk about a great read every time it is updated.

I think Post Secret is just about the coolest non-poker blog site there is.

I think most of you would enjoy this site as well. I think that shit is freakin highlarious.

I think Hammer Wife is one of the best cooks anywhere.

I think I am better at mutli-seat satellite poker tournaments than just about anyone.

I think I have an overall poor track record of turning those satellite seats I win into actual cash.

I think some people who are better than this persist in actively seeking out double-up-or-go-home-early race situations very early in multi-table tournaments.

I think many people do not realize that early 55-45 shots in a multi-table tournament are a bad idea for many people, even if they would be clearly correct decisions in cash games.

I think I enjoy PLO tournaments right now more than any other style of poker tournament.

I think the odds of me working at my current company one year from now are near zero.

I think the odds of me living in New York City a year from now are around 75%.

I think the odds of my still poker blogging a year from now are around 95%.

I think the Phillies edging the Mets in the 2007 baseball season was one of the funnest and funniest things I've ever seen in the world of sports.

I think the NBA, and professional sports in general in this country, got off easy with respect to the whole debacle about the referee fixing games.

I think more sports events are "fixed" or at least "biased" in some way than almost anyone realizes.

I think being a Philadelphia sports fan is one of the saddest things a person can be.

I think Sprint PCS has easily the best cell coverage in New York City. I haven't dropped a call on my cell phone in the entire six years I've lived here.

I think Juno was a dam good movie. I don't see many movies since having kids but it was probably the best movie I saw in the theaters in the past year.

I think Apocalypto was a pretty great movie as well. I only wish I had seen it on the big screen instead of on HBO.

I think Mel Gibson is one of the biggest anusheads I know of. That said, I think the guy makes some pretty incredible movies. Apocalypto was really enjoyable, and the Jesus movie was seriously incredible IMO. And don't even get me started on Braveheart.

I think reality tv is for the most part the worst development with the television since it was first invented.

I think James Rollins is my favorite author I have discovered in the past few years.

I think I have read at least 50 or 60 poker books in the past five years.

I think The Devil Wears Prada was a surprisingly watchable movie. Don't tell anyone please.

I think Meryl Streep is an incredible actress and can make any role kick ass.

I think The Matrix was without a doubt one of the coolest ideas and overall movies I've ever seen.

I think it's highlarious that everyone I know who writes movies insists on calling them "films" and would not be caught dead using the word "movie" under any circumstances.

I think building the Freedom Tower over the old World Trade Center site is a really dumb idea.

I think anyone who actually leases space in the Freedom Tower is even dumber than the people trying to develop it in the first place.

I think dating or living with a lawyer is one of the hardest things anyone can have to do. Believe me, I would know.

I think low- to mid-30s is the very best time to start having kids, if that is something you are interested in doing someday.

I think poker blogging is one of the most fun and rewarding things I have done in some time outside of my "normal" job and "normal" life.

**************************

Have a good weekend everyone. Not sure I will make the donkament tonight as usual, but you should be there. I will be sure to make it if I feel like stacking my bitch NutzCarson some more.

Don't forget Chad's Super Stack HORSE Skill Game on Sunday night at 9pm ET (password is "skillz), or the Big Game on Sunday night at 9:30pm ET, both on full tilt (password is "donkey"). Both events are sure to be fun and you should definitely try to get in there if at all possible. Multitabling with bloggers simply cannot be beat as far as a Sunday night pasttime.

Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger Wwonka said...

Funny how its cheating when you break a Rule which had no bearing on the game that was being played. atleast get it right my friend.

Do you hold the same disdain for the 49er's who cheated the salary cap for years?

Cheating is trying to alter the game to get an Unfair advantage not scouting for the future.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Wwonka said...

And I forgot to Add that Burger King's French Fries kick mcdonalds ass.

12:36 AM  
Blogger lj said...

i think i really dig this post.

and while i agree w/ many of your thoughts, only since wwonka brought it up, mcdonald's french fries are simply amazing. i didn't eat there for several years after reading fast food nation, but it was the fries that lured me back.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Shrike said...

Preaching to the choir, my man, preaching to the choir.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Julius_Goat said...

I agree with some of these statements!

I disagree with others!

On a few, I am indifferent!

I say 'films' when I mean 'movies'!

Wendy's french fries taste like wet cardboard!

A Beautiful Mind can be missed! Gladiator is pretty good but not really a Best Picture! Russell Crowe is a huge talent who's been squandered over the past five years!

Mel Gibson's got crazy eyes!

Twelve Monkeys was spectacular!

LOST has me hooked even if there's two years between episodes!

Why can't I stop yelling!

1:31 AM  
Blogger BamBam said...

I think brudder Carson hasn't read this yet !

LMFAO !

1:38 AM  
Blogger BWoP said...

We all know what you think, Hoy. We get a lovely dose of it every day. But the real question is . . .

What do you KNOW?

1:38 AM  
Blogger Astin said...

I think you were bored.

I think you think too much.

I think I'm killing time.

I think one day I may watch this LOST show people keep talking about.

I think I'll stop now.

Wendy's rocks. Fries are okay. Drive through PEI some day around the Cavendish factory. The entire area smells like McD's fries. I imagine the locals must hate McDonald's.

1:53 AM  
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

I think ABC is making a huge mistake in only running 8 episodes of Lost in the upcoming entire fourth season. I think the show has lost enough viewers already by the truly idiotic decision to wait like 17 months between the past few seasons; now to only show 8 episodes over a two-year span is audience suicide.

I think there's a writers strike on so I think ABC doesn't have much of a choice.

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be sure to make it if I feel like stacking my bitch NutzCarson some more.

I think it's on...

I think you'd better show up.

I think you are going to get served.

2:23 AM  
Blogger 4dbirds said...

Post Secret is the bomb. I've been reading it for years. Hoy, take a chance on some older movies. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Some of them really kick ass especially when you realize they were working against censors, overt racism/anti-semitism etc and still managed to get a compelling story out there.

2:31 AM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I enjoyed taking 3rd in Riverfuckers. I played poorly too. I think it is key.

I have my $26 token. Going to get my $75 soon.. or possibly the old fashion 2-table way.

14th in the Bodog 3k sucked.

Poker is going well.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Chad C said...

I think;

Mel Gibson is secretly voting for HOY ruining all my chances at being THE MOST HATED!

I think the PATS are the greatest team ever and EVERY team cheats in their own little way, and if they don't its their fault.

I think Fight Club is easily in my top 5 movies as well.

I think Russell Crow is an arrogant Australian Ass Hat, but yes he might be the best actor of this generation sadly :(

I think you are gheyer than ever before for liking Meryl Streep and a movie called "The Devil Wears Prada". Even gheyer is the fact that you will not watch Gladiator but you watched THAT MOVIE?? Seriously, if you aren't getting laid for it I don't see how you could of watched that movie :)

I think Hoy's blog, while incredibly long, is the best blog amongst the group. If anything it is consistent, and LONG.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Mike Maloney said...

I don't understand your LOST comment. There is a writer's strike, they only filmed 8 episodes, are they just supposed to not have a season and wait until January of 2009 to have any new episodes? Everyone complains when they don't show new episodes every week, so they decide to be like 24 and do their whole season, starting in January, all at once. That means you have to go seven months without the show. I don't understand how that loses viewers. It's really the best option, to show a whole season without any reurns.

It's not their fault there's a writer's strike. I really don't see what they're doing wrong.

3:36 AM  
Blogger PokahDave said...

I think...
Synopsis of Hoy is a hilarious idea.
Synopsis of a Synopsis of Hoy is taking it to the next level of funny....Funny as in 'Blazing Saddles' funny...oh wait...you haven't seen any good movies made before 1980...for the love of comedy you need to see more Mel Brooks movies!

3:48 AM  
Blogger Irongirl01 said...

I found this post very un-Hoy like. Almost as if someone else was writing it.

I think Hoy is a noun, adjective and adverb. I think you should have your own wiki.

The first Matrix movie is by far the best of all the three. You may not no that I have used Trinity as my avatar on various forums.

I like Mcdonald's french fries better then any but pomme frites at a good bistro are ten times better.

Stephen King is one of my favorite authors. Pet Cemetary, It and the TommyKnockers were frightening even more so then CUJO.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Julius_Goat said...

Pre 1980 Movies There's Really No Excuse For Not Seeing:

The Godfather
The Godfather II
The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly
2001
Casablanca
Annie Hall
Chinatown
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Network
A Streetcar Named Desire
The Wizard Of Oz
Jaws
The Graduate
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Life Of Brian
Blazing Saddles
It's A Wonderful Life
Dr. Strangelove
To Kill A Mockingbird
Rocky
Star Wars
Duck Soup
Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid

I have my own quirky favorites, but these are the really unforgiveable misses. Not a single tooty fruity art movie here. Who wants to help pile on?

4:21 AM  
Blogger RaisingCayne said...

I think this post's pretty cool. Reminds me of Peter King's column in SI: '10 Things I think I think".

I think Hoy simply forgot about the writer's strike in how it may have affected LOST.

I think Hoy's a little "Seacrest" for sharing his admiration for Meryl Streep, and "The Devil Wears Prada." (You know how I know you're ghey...)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

I think many people do not realize that early 55-45 shots in a multi-table tournament are a bad idea for many people, even if they would be clearly correct decisions in cash games.

Early on in an MTT is akin to a cash game, so your preference for variance should be the same. Personally, I avoid 55-45 shots in cash games like the plague.

8:57 AM  
Blogger surflexus said...

I.G., Hoy is also a verb.

4:42 AM  
Blogger 4dbirds said...

Good list Goat. May I be so bold as to add:

The Best Years of Our Lives
Mister Roberts
The Days of Wine and Roses
Come Back Little Sheiba
Dog Day Afternoon
Bonnie and Clyde
On The Waterfront
Wings of Desire (The German version not that horrible film with Nick Cage and Meg Ryan)
Psycho

12:12 AM  
Blogger Pat R said...

the movie Matrix, yes good. Maryl Streep, no so sure.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home