Monday, April 28, 2008

Still Sick and Waiting for Answers

Don't forget tonight is the latest Mondays at the Hoy tournament and part of the BBT3 at 10pm ET on full tilt:



Password as always is "hammer", and any and all are invited.

Still trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I felt I had to play the Big Game last night after Donkette informed me via IM over the weekend that I was currently in second place in the April leaderboard standings. And as if that wasn't reason enough to play, the current leader was this guy. So I felt the pressure to get in there and try to make something happen, but as with the Mookie and the Riverchasers last week, I simply was not able to play my game. Actually I think in the Mookie I autodonked in the first five minutes because I had to go to sleep, and I know I was nowhere near conscious when the Riverchasers went off last Thursday. I even slept through Lost last week, an absolute all-time first for me, in what turned out to be hands-down one of the very best episodes of the series when I finally caught up with it during the afternoon on Friday.

Anyways, I did play in the Big Game, but more out of perceived obligation with respect to the April BBT3 leaderboard than anything else, but my heart and my head simply were not in it. I am just not well enough. I will probably try to play the MATH tonight, but I'm not even sure I can make that at this point. I am back in the office today, at least for the time being, as I have a new lawyer starting today on my team and I needed to be here to train her and introduce her to the company and all that good stuff. But otherwise, I probably have no business being in this office here on a Monday, in particular before I even have a clue from the doctors what the fuck is even wrong with me. They've suggested mono, pneumonia, some other viral illness and a few other random things, but I don't care much for suggestions. I can make suggestions about what's wrong with me. I want some fucking answers. It is typical doctor bullshit from my perspective but now I am just waiting for them to call me back as promised today with the results of my bloodwork from my visit last week when the medical technician ravaged my inner elbow like it was a pincushion and she was a voodoo shaman of some kind. Of course they said they would call by three hours ago and now when I just called them they pretended they had no clue who I was, but again, typical doctor bullshit.

Anyways, my apologies for the effect that this latest bout of illness has had on my blog posting, but if you could feel like me for even five seconds you would understand, trust me on that one. 5000 words of pokery pomposity doesn't just write itself, you know. But come out tonight for the MATH and try to take down the latest BBT3 Tournament of Champions seat like I did a couple of weeks back. You can't win if you don't play!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger BadBlood said...

Damn Hoy, get better soon. I feel your pain, nothing worse than being sick for an extended period of time.

3:20 AM  
Blogger lj said...

"5000 words of pokery pomposity doesn't just write itself, you know."

quote of the month, easily.

hope you feel better soon!

3:43 AM  
Blogger NYRambler said...

When you post the results of the MATH (I took 5th), you can use a link to my blog: http://nyramblerpoker.blogspot.com/

Thx!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Evy said...

feel better soon Hoy!!!!!

Being sick is definitely -EV.

5:55 PM  
Blogger mrjulio said...

At this Online poker the Texas Hold'em poker experience was so funny. www.doingpoker.com

4:04 AM  
Blogger BamBam said...

Hope you're at least starting to feel better by now man!

Take care.

11:01 PM  
Blogger lightning36 said...

Do you think he died?

2:34 AM  
Blogger Irongirl01 said...

Now Im getting worried... Hope all is okay Hoy....

7:45 AM  
Blogger Blinders said...

The rumor is you are already hooking up with Brandi H.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home