Thursday, September 11, 2008

Panic

Too upset to write about poker today. Lehman shares are down another 40% this morning, and the calls from my friends there have turned from sad and scared, to panicked and frantic. Seeing five tv camera crews outside the front doors of the headquarters now two days in a row in the morning as I walk by on my way to my new job isn't helping matters either. Meanwhile, this story is exactly what I am most concerned about with the stock plunging yet again for the fourth day in a row -- and once you go and read that story, keep in mind that those figures are just for the period ending on August 31. That is, a good two weeks before all the shit has his the fan this week. Just wait till the numbers come out for the month of September for this stuff. And if you read between the lines in this story as well, once again I fear the writing is on the wall for the 160-year-old investment bank. Does that last story, the the optimistic title and all, not sound exactly like the dreaded "vote of confidence" that usually comes from ownership a day or two before firing a head coach or manager of a sports team?

Anyways, that's all I've got for today. I finished The Poker Tournament Formula II this morning on the train on the way into work, and I have got tons of stuff coming from that book that you will see here in the near future. I just have to wait until I have it in me to write it all down.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Irongirl01 said...

you must be scambled your post is dated Friday 9/12/2008 which is tomorrow unless you are silently observing 09/11/08

1:18 AM  
Blogger Bayne_S said...

Good fold Hoy.

1:57 AM  
Blogger APOSEC72 said...

Good time to walk away from the table....on the humorous side, there is a seat open.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Now that is funny, aposec. Thanks for posting.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Chef said...

Anyone dealing with mortgages are going to see this sink. Domino effect from Fannie/Freddy collapse, it's gonna get a lot worse before it bounces back with foreign investment, it'll be like the 80's all over again.

Hang on.

4:18 AM  
Blogger APOSEC72 said...

Irony - you won't BELIEVE who the white knight might be now.

Un-fucking-believeable.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home