Saturday, July 08, 2006

WSOP Here I Come

OK just a quick update from the Business Center at the Rio. My boy Rich from the full tilt hospitality suite showed up right on time at 11am sharp, and he set me up quickly with my $1500 as well as a number of other ftp goodies, and lots of good snacks as well. I immediately went and bought in, and as of 3 minutes ago I am officially registered for WSOP Event #13!!! I still can't believe I'm here. I couldn't believe it even more when I shook Phil Gordon's hand a few minutes ago in the ftp hospitality suite (eat your heart out, April!), or when Erick Lindgren brushed shoulders with just me outside of the main poker area where the tournament is set to begin in just under 35 minutes. This whole thing feels crazy surreal at the moment, as I'm sure it will for some time.

For those of you who happen to be readers of my blog and also will be seated at my table at all during this event, note that I am intending to play my usual game, but just a bit tighter on the starting hand requirements since the blind rounds are so much longer for the WSOP events (60 minutes per round until the final table, which then become 90 minutes). That said, I'll still be playing n showing every Hammer I can, in addition to making strategic use of the hoy and especially the reverse hoy whenever I know I am in good shape.

Again, my cell number is on April's list, so anyone who gets in or just wants an update, feel free to call me and I'll let you know whatever I can. I am slated to start off the event at Table #78, Seat #6. Please please let Hellmuth be there as well.

Btw, I'm sure you all know this from reading some of the awesome blogger coverage of the WSOP so far, but Hellmuth finished second last night in the latest WSOP event, meaning I believe that he has cashed so far in every event he has played in but for one. Dam it is gonna feel sweet reverse hoying that guy out of the tournament.

Wish me luck! I'll post again when I can.

8 Comments:

Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Good luck, Hoy. If you win, I can say I played the Mookie with a WSOP bracelet winner.

'Cause it's all about me ;)

1:44 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

I can just see, playing the hammer against Helmuth, and forcing him to fold. Of course ESPN would have to be filming it and his temper tantrum would ensure that they wouldn't edit it out.

Hey, I can dream can't I?

Good luck and most of all, have fun.

Rick (aka darval)

1:44 AM  
Blogger smokkee said...

you lucky SOB. spank that donkey ass.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Kick ass and take names, Hoy!

1:50 AM  
Blogger mookie99 said...

Good luck man ! Doesn't look like Hellmuth is gonna make this event. He said in an interview last night, he was tired and would skip this one. Damn...gotta find a new target now..maybe Matusow ?

2:03 AM  
Blogger TripJax said...

If you live Hoy of Reverse Hoy at the WSoP, you will be my hero.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Guin said...

No luck required... use your skill and push around Hellmuth!

Give 'er!

3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK BRO!!!! Make us proud!

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home