Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Mondays at the Hoy Tonight

Today I need to do just a real quick post, as I am home with my older daughter today who is still sick after last week's barfing session the night before her scheduled birthday party at school. Long story short, we cancelled the party last Thursday, which was rescheduled for this morning, so I took off from work again to be able to be there for M's third birthday party at school (we already had the family in this weekend to celebrate). So, in preparation for this morning's party, M was sure to barf all over the place again last night, the first time she's been sick since the initial time last week that caused us to cancel this party the first time. Aren't kids great like that?

Anyways, I played a ton of poker hands this weekend, and got lots of good content for you, be it individual hand analysis, potential Hot Hand posts, etc. So I'll be sure to get all that up over the coming few days. Until then, all you really need to know for now is that I have begun selectively playing no-limit holdem cash games again, and this weekend saw me make my biggest-ever session win in online play, about $350 total at a 1-2 nlh cash table. In fact, one of the biggest donkeys we play with regularly got to witness the second part of this session firsthand, as he must have searched for me and ended up sitting at the table to slum it at measly 1-2 for a bit. In the end, I made almost 2 buyins, and Smokkee added a good buyin-plus himself as the two of us managed to smoke a couple of large pots off of people who got slowplayed and didn't know when to fold. As I recall, Smokkee even took this a step futher by typing into the chat that he hopes his opponent doesn't have spades to make a flush after the river card brought a third spade, when in reality Smokkee himself was holding the nut flush and just stole a $400+ pot from the guy as a result. Good times.

OK real quick, don't forget tonight:



Yep, it's that time again. I have to say, a lot of my homegame-type of guys have been commenting recently on how much fun they're having in the weekly Hoy tournament, now that they're getting to know how the bloggers and each other play much better than they did when I first started running the MATH, and I have to agree. I've been really looking forward to it these days, and hey who knows, maybe tonight I can get some new fodder for another megarant tomorrow, you never do know!

Oh yeah -- one last thing before I forget -- I did cash in Don's latest Big Game last night. I came in third for $179 and change for a profit of over a hundy. I'll take it. It's funny, Lucko, as usual, was not only in the final three but had a massive chip lead when we got down there (like maybe 3 times as much as either 2nd or 3rd place once the cash spots hit). And as usual, Lucko bullied like the big stack pro that he is. Having watched him do this on several occasions before, I knew I had only one real choice -- wait for my strong hands, and let Lucko bully bet for me. Which worked for a nice double up early when 3-handed when I flopped two pairs with 86s. Then, two hands later when I looked down to find pocket Jacks, I knew this guy was going down hard, I was going to take a huge lead and eventually would not be stopped. I checked preflop, knowing Lucko would raise me as he did just about every single other time it was checked to him at the end, and he did respond with his typical 3x preflop raise. At this point I paused for effect, and then moved it allin, praying for a call. As I had been hoping, Lucko showed me a call.

He also showed me pocket Aces.

No way you're beating a guy who bullies like that with a huge stack, and gets the right cards at the right time. No way. So out I went in 3rd. I'll take it, as I'll take any nlh tournament win these days.

Speaking of which, I did also cash in the 35k guaranteed last night, my second cash in a week. I swear, that rant last week after the last Mondays at the Hoy tournament really seems like it might have been a breakthrough for me. How ridiculous.

OK gotta run and clean up some barf. I'll be back tomorrow with my regularly scheduled poker posting.

See you tonight at Mondays at the Hoy!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

hey nice job on the third last night...

6:07 AM  
Blogger smokkee said...

there's no way i'm folding that hand against Lucko. i'll take pocket 2's to war against that donk.

6:32 AM  
Blogger lucko said...

I play tight, I don't know what you guys are talking about.

9:45 PM  
Blogger smokkee said...

LMAO !

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home