Friday, April 07, 2006

Reputation

So this is what having my reputation precede me is like....

"If Hoyazo raises preflop, he may have two cards."

I'm assuming this was supposed to say "any two cards", although I kinda like the humor in the above statement at least as much. The above is quoted directly from SoxLover's blog, and was posted by SoxLover after this week's awesome WSOP satellite tournament hosted by The Benefactor, my name for Iggy today after he donated his own hard earned cashish to add a second blogger to the list of WSOP entrants from his tournament this past week. SoxLover has expressed a similar feeling about my play to me in the past, during other blogger tournament events.

See, this is what's SO great about the weekly WWdN, DADI and other blogger games that go on, and I think, taking a step back, is what's so great about the poker blogging community in general. It is just that -- a community. We aren't just all individuals who happen to be interested in the same thing. We get together reguarly and play. We practice together, learn from each other, share game strategies, etc. We read and comment on each other's blogs regularly. We IM and play together in the evenings. That's what makes poker blogging so special to me. When I play the WWdN every week, I'm at the point now where I have notes on the other people at my table at least as often as I don't. And that is when regular weekly games start to get fun -- when people really begin to know each other and each other's games enough that you can really start putting moves on each other.

And that's just what I plan to do (and have been doing) with SoxLover, and anyone else who thinks they've got me pegged. "Raises with any two cards"... Heh heh.
Your asses are SO mine!

6 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

lol. Good plan! I will admit I had less than stellar opinion of you before, but talking to you, and seeing some of your play, I must say I like your game. Keep it up.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Meek said...

I want to read your blog, honestly I do. Unfortunately I'm a pussy and haven't played in any of the WPBT WSOP events . . . I'll try to make the next one, and until I do, I'll only read through bloglines. Hows that, We got a deal?

11:43 PM  
Blogger SoxLover said...

"may have two cards" was not a typo. Also, wasn't meant to imply I had you pegged. More to the contrary, simply that you were unpredictable in terms of what you will raise preflop. I suspect others might accuse me of the same. Actually, others have just plain out accused me of the same.

(I actually think is a good thing.)

The question you'll have to continue to ask yourself is when I reraise you, is it because I put you on nothing or because I have the goods? Hah, I bet you haven't thought about that.

1:11 AM  
Blogger iamhoff said...

I cannot agree more with your observations on our community. Getting involved in playing online, blogging, IM'ing, etc., has been some of the most fun. The broggers out there are a wonderfully demented and amusing group of people, and we all share a common interest. To top it off, they are always at the ready to help out another blogger. From actually sending $$ to help out a blogger who's off work due to medical issues, to therapeutically slamming douchebag poets, to offering good thoughts while a family member is sick, to being willing to listen to countless bad beat stories, these people are some of the most entertaining people I've come across. I'm right there with you, Hammer, and I'm proud to be part of this community.

1:53 AM  
Blogger HCR said...

Get a room you gay bloggers.

I love you too!!! LOL

7:50 AM  
Blogger brdweb said...

Hey man, you played great at the final WWdN table last week. Can't wait to get in action against you again!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home