Friday, March 03, 2006

Redonkulous

Redonkulous. That is the only word I can think of to describe what happened tonight in the latest WWdN West Coast tournament. First of all, I played really well. So well, that I was in first place with 13 people left in the tourney, and this despite me suffering not one but TWO hideous river beats against A Fish Called Quantloos, both of which saw him call me on the flop or turn with what he was sure was the best hand, but was in reality a significantly dominating favorite in my hand, and yet one produced a river flush and the other a river inside straight for Nemo, each hitting me up for a hard, hard loss. So despite the donking around from this Quantloos fella, I was also in first place with 12 people left in the tourney, and I was in first place with 10 people left in the tourney. I was also in first place with 8 people left, and with 7 players remaining.

With 7 players left, I am dealt A-10 of clubs. I raise 4x the BB from early position, and only Quantloos "Le Poisson" calls my raise. Flop comes 10-8-7 rainbow. Unless The Fish has a high pocket pair, which is not at all how he played this hand thus far, then I am in front here. I bet small, about 1/3 the size of the pot, just to dupe this guy that I've already duped twice tonight into betting big into a pot in which he is significantly dominated. Well, this guy was silly putty in my hands tonight, as every move I put on him worked, and this one was no exception as Quantloos called my small bet. Then the turn came an Ace, also rainbow, and a great card for me theoretically as it increases the chance of my fishponent having made something with the hand, while also giving me an almost unbeatable hand, with what is now top two pairs. Nonetheless, I bet fairly small again, just to complete the total fuckup I just let loose on this clownfish, and he moves in on me. I quick call and see the spoils of my victory of outplaying this zobo handily, as he flips A9, a significant, once again dominated underdog to my top two pairs with A-10 at this point.

But never fear, the river came a Jack, and this jackidiot had once AGAIN made a straight on me at the river to relieve me of all my chips.

Quantloos went on to win the tournament tonight, because after donking my chips away from me, he had a huge, insurmountable chip lead, and he quickly dispatched the other remaining players after I was robbed out of the tournament in 7th place. Despite his big win tonight, I IMPLORE you all to PLEASE tell me the next time you see him on pokerstars. I have GOT to get in his game with him. I mean this is the worst player I've EVER seen win a tournament of any size on any online site. He should take his winnings and invest in a poker training session and/or a poker book.

As always with the WWdN, I have plenty of witnesses to verify my version of what happened above. I got rizznooked is what happened.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

You, sir, are the king of bad beat posts. I will have to keep an eye out for this guy. Sounds like an ATM as long as his luck eventually dies. Who knows, we could have another CJ on our hands.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

That's what I want to be, Matt, the King of Bad Beat Posts. One of the best things about my blog is that it's RAW. It's me when I JUST got donked on, 2 minutes ago, and am still in shock. That's why you keep coming back, right?

This guy was a donk extraordinaire. I can't beLIEVE he did well at all, let alone won the entire tournament. All on my donkeychips!

3:09 AM  
Blogger CC said...

Donkeys are people too...It's good to keep saying "...that's why you keep coming back..." as sometimes it's the only way to prevent throwing your monitor(s).

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home