Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mookday, and Fucking Dorkwork Strikes Again

It's Wednesday, and that means it's Mookie day again!!! Be there tonight, 10pm ET on full tilt, password as always is "vegas1".

At this point, no long post tonight. Suffice it to say that I got into work this morning, logged on to blogger, and was instantly greeted to my chagrin with the "Access Denied" screen for the first time ever. Long story short, my dorkwork has finally caught on to the fact that they block youtube, they block all gambling-related sites, they block most sports and hobby sites, they block e-vite, and yet somehow they continue to permit blogger.com access at work. Well, no more. So my apologies out to all you out there who logged in today looking for your regular daily dose of my pompous craziness. I tried, and failed.

That said, I am committed to this change in my daily routine not affecting my loyal readers in any meaningful way. I truly love this blog, I still have an endless supply of poker and other stuff swirling around in my head, and I have no plans of slowing down what I've built up here over the past few years. So I already have a short-term sort of solution for the next few days, but on a longer-term basis I am already kicking around a few ideas on ways to post to my blog from a dorkwork that does not allow blogger.com access.

I had a nice post today detailing the recockulous set of dominated bad beat after dominated bad beat after dominated bad beat that I took at the hands of ftp "pro" Jonathan Little after getting down to heads-up with him in one of these $55 turbo sngs. I was going to talk a little fantasy football, and I was going to show how I beat up the nightly token frenzy yet again for the second time this week and my fourth frenzy win in the last two weeks. Now all of that will just become part of the increasing number of "draft" posts that I start but never actually get up here on the blog.

Instead I ask you all today: how can a guy keep blogging via blogger.com if my dorkwork now blocks blogger.com access? Isn't there some way I can use google documents to post directly to my blog from that website? Didn't I hear / read someone saying that some time before? What about just getting a Treo to have internet access while at work, something I've been kicking around doing anyways? Does "mobile blogging" work in a way that I could post from my work email address? Anyone else have any other creative ideas on how to blog without accessing blogger.com on my dorkwork internet? I would love any and all thoughts on the topic. But as I said above, rest assured that until that happens, I will keep getting content up here in the evenings or the early mornings for your reading pleasure. This blog is here to stay, and no fuckerz at my office will have any say on that matter. You can take my word on it.

Best of luck and I'll see you tonight for the Moooooooook!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger post said...

I always post using my treo or email address, in order to use your work address , you just need to set it up with blogger that u will be posting from specific email address , and then it will allow you to set it up, if you need help , just shoot me an email , I also helped lifesagrind.blogspot.com set up his mobile blogging .... in fact, I write a post about twice a week from my treo

8:01 AM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

I post to my blogs from my iPhone all the time. It sends the email as if its coming from Blogger account email address. This is probably something can be set up on many phones.

Glad to see you were able to post from Google Docs. I would seriously doubt they would block google.com.

Not sure if this will work or not, but there is a plug-in for MS Word that will also post to Blogger.

9:19 AM  
Blogger yabi said...

Set up remote access to your home computer. Remote in from work. Give me a shout if you need details.

11:44 AM  
Blogger CSuave said...

Tried to win some money on FT to play the Mookie but missed winning enough by 8 minutes. LOL I didn't start early enough. Have never deposited on FT and just recently cashed in their freerolls.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Blinders said...

iphones and similar technology will put an end to all this nonsense. When everyone has a portable internet device that bypasses the companies network, they can't stop shit. The problem is it takes a bit more time to get stuff done on a mobile device vs. a PC. To increase productivity companies will need to actually grant close to unlimited access from work. Probably a few years away, but coming. I just grab my iphone at work whenever I need to go where I can't go, or don't want to leave a trail. Fuck-em.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home