Thursday, June 18, 2009

Anticipation

Man it is still all I can do just to stop thinking about that LJ stuff for even a short while. 10th place in the WSOP. 10th place. In the World Series of Poker!! It's gonna be a long time before I have fully absorbed that whole thing, it really is.

Despite just the overall excitement of three solid blogger WSOP cashes -- one nearly 20k and one over 200k -- over just the past week, another side effect of all that is that I am starting to get seriously focused on my upcoming Vegas trip. With me so totally and completely underwater swamped at work, I didn't even realize until late today that my trip is now just one week away. In fact, as I type this, I should be in Las Vegas exactly seven days from now.

To say that I can't wait is an incredible understatement. I mean, I will miss the balls off of my family like always, but as I've written several times before, this annual trip is literally the only time I leave the house for an entire year. I don't even play live poker maybe one other time a year these days outside of this summer Vegas trip, and this time around I will have several longtime friends and bth of my brothers out there as well as we celebrate my older brother finally getting off his ass and getting married in a couple of months. I also just found out today that a great friend of mine from law school who lives on the other side of the country will be making her first trip out to Vegas next weekend as well, so I'm hoping to catch up with her at some point on Friday or Saturday as well.

I'm also starting to formulate the beginnings of a general plan of attack as far as poker goes for my trip. Right now my working plan is that I would like, ideally, to try to play at least one poker tournament every day when I am out there. As I recall a few of the bigger rooms run a tournament at midnight or so, so if I'm a real man, I will arrive around 10ish on Thursday, check in to my room at the MGM, starting drinking immediately and try to get into a tournament late that night. Roll into my room at some point early Friday morning whenever my Thursday night tournament ends, and sleep through the morning. Depending on what's available, maybe hit up a late morning or afternoon tournament somewhere, but more likely take it easy, maybe play some live cash at mgm in the afternoon because I'll be heading to Prime on Friday night in Bellagio with my friends to hit up their kickass raw seafood tower appetizer followed by what is truly the literal best fillet mignon I have ever eaten in my life. After that, possibly a final late-night tournament to tune up for the piece de resistance of the weekend, and then on Saturday at noon I will be at the Rio to go and just try to represent like so many of our blogging brethren have done already this summer.

After that, it's all kinda up in the air. Of course my hope is that I have more WSOP to play on Sunday, and in fact that I have to change my flight on Monday to allow me to finish off the rest of the final table in WSOP Event 51, but of course that is probably just a pipe dream. But god would that ever be the perfect ending to what has already been an incredible WSOP season for our community, would it not.

Who else out there is planning to be in Vegas over that weekend? Weren't there a few people planning to play in the June 27 $1500 nlh tournament with me?

And I know one other thing I'm sure I'll be hitting up while I'm at MGM for four days in the desert: the pool!

Thursday, Jun 25
More Details

Abundant sunshine
Low: 80 °F
High: 105 °F

Friday, Jun 26
More Details

Hot with plenty of sunshine
Low: 84 °F
High: 108 °F

Saturday, Jun 27
More Details

Hot with some sun
Low: 83 °F
High: 109 °F

Sunday, Jun 28
More Details

Mostly sunny and hot
Low: 84 °F
High: 109 °F

Monday, Jun 29
More Details

Hot with sunshine
Low: 84 °F
High: 110 °F

Next Thursday cannot come fast enough.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger PokahDave said...

Good luck to you....

12:21 PM  
Blogger Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

The table is set, and your batting cleanup. Take it down...best of luck!

7:48 PM  
Blogger 1Queens Up1 said...

Yup im playing event #51.

Arrive 3pm 06/25 and staying at the IP.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home