Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Poker Latest

Hey I'm back after a week of jury duty has kept me out of blogging commission for a few days. Nothing like being holed up in a room for 9 hours a day and then having to come home every night and do a whole day's full of work in the few hours you have before bed. Never mind spending some quality time with the wife and kids. In any event, I'm back and all should return to normal now.

So, pokerwise, let's see what has happened since my last post. One of the most important things to me is that I have gotten my average up in terms of cashing in the 18 person sng's on ftp. If you recall that is where the top 4 finishers in the $6 buyin events each get a $26 token. I had been 1 out of 11 in cashing last week, but since then I've cashed in 2 of the 3 sngs I've entered, bringing my total up to 3 out of 14. That is around 21%, which is at least close to the 22% number that represents the 4 out of 18 players who cash in each tournament, so I'm much happier than I was with those results, although I'd still like to top out at around 30% or more for this sng all told. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time with the jury duty and working late to actually use any of those tokens yet, but at least now I have two saved up and will be able to use them in one of ftp's nightly tournaments sooner or later.

Next, WWdN. Last Thursday evening, I entered the 11:30pm ET feeling a little tired going in, and I ended up finishing in 7th place, making my second WWdN final table in a week, but not managing to cash as it was a smallish tournament that only paid the top 3 finishers. Still, I continue to be pleased with my progress in Wil's weekly games. Then, last night, with 85 entrants, I made it to the final 18, I was playing great, and then this happened:



I coerced not one but two other players to call my allin (I was shortstacked at the time) with my full house on the turn. And what happens? The guy hits a miracle two-outer on the river to take me down. Oh well. Another great performance in WWdN, but still no cash to show for it. The frustration is palpable.

More later....

3 Comments:

Blogger drewspop said...

Good job last night. I was railing for a bit after I got bounced and saw this one. Painful.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Well, at least I didn't have to waste as much time as you. I put TraumaPoker all in, and he called with a J high gutshot straight (?????) to my pocket pair of Qs. Of course, he made the gutshot on the river. I had pretty much no chips left, and I get 22. I push... into pocket Aces. Nice. I go home early.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Man, Matt, is there anything worse than a donkerstiltskin hitting an inside straight on you on the river to take you out? Incredible.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home