Friday, March 17, 2006

Quick Update

Last night I went 1 for 1 in another full tilt $26 token sng for the $6 buyin. Then, I also played a new $26 token sng structure they have going on there, which is an $8 buyin with 18 players instead of the normal $6 buyin with 18 players that I've been playing. Only with the $8 tournament, the top five players get the $26 token, instead of just the top 4 like in the $6 buyin version. And I won that one too. So overall, I am 7 for 18 now in cashing in the $6 buyin events (39%), and 100% in cashing in the $8 sngs. And it's good that I won back those tokens, because last night I played great in the 17k guarantee tournament on ftp, but went out in 99th place (743 entrants) when my pocket 6s were bested by the tournament chip leader's pocket 4s plus a 4 on the turn, despite us moving allin preflop. That hurts. Two-outers always do.

I also went out in 26th out of 33 players in Wil's west coast blogger tournament last night. Not a good showing, and I wasn't above the 1500 starting chips for more than 1 or 2 hands the entire time I was in. And hey, at least I outlasted Sir Waffles, so it's not all bad. ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Out is out you halfwit.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Yeah. There is something nice though about seeing your name lower on the list than mine. Maybe it's just me. :)

12:45 AM  
Blogger smokkee said...

I was watching you in the 17k hoping you'd final table it. tough way to go. thanks for letting me know about Wil's tourney. i only got through about half the field. next time. see ya on Full Tilt.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Yeah smokkee I watched you go out of Wil's tourney. Tough luck but you did a heck of a lot better than I.

I deserved better in the 17k. I played really great poker for the better part of two hours, and then one unfortunate hand setup cost me all my chips. And the guy who busted me was the tournament chip leader at the time, with like 87,000 chips to my 6000, so he basically HAD to call me given the pot odds and our relative stack sizes. Oh well, I'll just start it up again tonight over at ftp. Those $26 tokens are becoming easier and easier to win in the 2-table sng structures, so I should hopefully have a nice pile of those tokens to play the guaranteed tourneys there, at least for a while.

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home