Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Hand That Tilted Me This Time

Out in 21st today out of 63 entrants to the latest WWdN tournament. For the first time in a Long time, I got to play some good time with Wil at my table, which always adds to the excitement with the possibility of the naming rights for next week's Wil tournament. Unfortunately even though Wil got short stacked pretty quick at our table, in the end the honors went to jg2323 instead of to myself, as Wil went out on a dominated hand and that was that for the tournament naming issue.

I played very well in the tournament tonight, and ended up going out when my AQo ran into QQ, and of course no Ace came for me and IGH. But per my usual aggressive style, I ended up winning exactly 31 out of 157 hands in which I played, for a very strong 19.75% of the total hands I saw, despite being at an 8- or 9-handed table almost the entire night. I stole tons of blinds, and frankly did quite well given that I didn't see a single pocket pair higher than 2's the entire night out of 157 hands.

The most amazing part of my 21st place finish tonight was that I went on Massive Ubertilt in the middle of this tournament, due to the following hand:



I mean, just look at that shite. I get in with a dominating hand over a guy who I duped into calling me by my well-timed use of hesitation in my betting, and then the fucking flop does me in just like that. And again, just like yesterday which I also blogged about, I had already typed in my commentary (the only way I was able to Boo this move before even the turn card came out), because I flat out knew something like this was going to happen. Pokerstars has been effing absurd lately. And it's not just me. Garth is talking about it. Sir Waffles too. And there are other bloggers doing it as well. PS is going on another of their binges lately. Let's just hope none of us get sucked down its greedyass maw before the powers that be at ps decide to relax a little bit.

4 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I agree.. at least your guy had a good kicker and s00ted. I get nailed twice All in with A8 and A9 offsuit against my AJ and AT. Four flushes twice. Pokerstars is killing me.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Pokerstars is killing us both man. It's been maybe 2 or 3 weeks now of a pretty constant barrage of screwings. And I don't mean the good kind of screwings.

I did get to bust Wil in the heads up tourney tonight, so it wasn't a total loss for me. But I am SO sick of these recockubeats. You know me Waffles, I can't help myself from becoming Rumpletiltskin when a hand like this goes down.

Best of luck breaking the pokerstars curse Waffles.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Wes, you are 100% right about my suckout with the 10-8 of diamonds when a 10 hit the board and I outran AKo. But I guess I didn't think a 40% hand winning is really so worthy of mention. I mean, it's not like I won with a lower pair against a higher pair, or with a dominated kicker hand. It was a 40% shot. Nonetheless, that did happen in the tournament so maybe I should have mentioned it as well. Regardless, I don't think it's fair to compare a 40% shot winning to when my AQ loses to AJ on a flopped flush. To me, that second hand is clearly worth mention, while the first is kinda iffy.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Which hand are you asking about, Bucky? The one pictured in the blog, or my suckout mentioned in the earlier comments?

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home